Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Cartmell

Default Foxhunting - was Part P conudrum.....

In article , Bob Martin
wrote:
in 503273 20060224 090813 Roger wrote:
The message from Bob Martin
contains these words:

It is a moot point how much is learnt and how much is instinct but
foxes do not reason.

That's right, Roger, stick to your view that humans are special and
unique, put here by God, who also put a few million other species here
for us to eat and play with. You are closer to the chimpanzee than you
think.

You couldn't be more wrong. There is a very high probability that your
notions above reflect your view of the world much more closely than they
do mine.

Really? Well, I'm an atheist, believe in evolution and think that the
differences between the species are far less than generally thought.

Unlike the lawyer for the Countryside Alliance who famously said "we don't
know if foxes feel pain, and until we do we should assume that they don't."
Yes, she really said that.

And we know that they do - at least as certainly as we know that other humans
feel pain.