Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Paper shredder-recomendation

. wrote:
wrote:
Blair wrote:
Any recommendations for purchase of a paper shredder and which to
avoid Blair

Get a cross cut shredder, you can get them cheap now. Regardless of
the extra security, because stuff is cut into small squares the bin
doesn't fill up as quickly as the straight cut shredders. So even a
small cross cut shredder will need less emptying than a larger
straight cut.

even less so if you simply cut the personally identifying information
out of the letter / A4 sheet, shred that and bin the rest.

I know, I do do that sometimes but other times I can't be arsed. With
some of these credit card applications you get in the post they have
your details pre-filled all over the place.

What details are there already filled in on such a credit card application
that someone can't find out from publicly available information anyway?

--
Chris Green

I don't want to give them a shred of information. Yes, they may be able
to get certain details elsewhere but I want to make it as hard as
possible for them.