Posted to alt.home.repair
Tom

Default Is this foil/foam/foil insulation good?

"m Ransley" wrote in message
R14 for 1/4" is pure bull**** , lets see an independant lab
certifiction on this. So one inch could be put in walls and homes
ceilings and take us all into super insulation of R 56 per inch.

The specs say there is little to no advantage to using more than one layer.
That being said, I also doubt the R14 claim. Kind of sounds like the stuff
they used to sell in Arizona back in the 80s that people would lay on top of
the blown insulation in their attics . Was supposed to be great but I think
the State put a stop to their claims that it actually worked and sales dried
up.

Tom G.