Posted to rec.woodworking
Mark

Default Help: Plywood Panel to thin

I've nearly completed my first set of frame & panel doors for a vanity using
a set of matching frame-and-panel router bits (first time using these bits).
I've gotten to the point of assembling the doors and installing the 1/4"
plywood panel, but the plywood panel is about 0.20 inches thick where as the
slot for the panel is 1/4 of an inch making for a very SLOPPY fit.

I'm thinking of gluing a strip of wood to the back side of the plywood panel
along the perimeter and then running it through my planer to mill it down to
1/4 of an inch...essentially increasing the thickness of the panel along its
perimeter. I'm not sure if this is the best solution.

What do you guys do to fill this gap to create a panel that fits snugly into
the slot?

Mark