Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.electronics.design
Mark Fergerson

Default Global Warming hits the Eastcoast !

John Larkin wrote:
On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 09:49:28 -0700, Mark Fergerson
wrote:

We simply cannot wield energies on natural scales.

Mr. Larkin thinks that washing his car will cause an ice age.

I think he's being just the least bit sarcastic.

No, I think that, if climate is a chaotic system, the tiniest
disturbance will propagate to complete changes of state.

Seriously? You don't recognize the basic inertia (homeostasis) of the
system?

It's interesting that the "climate change" crowd (formerly known as
the "global warming" crowd) now warn us of a "tipping point" where
added CO2 will trip a positive feedback mechanism and cause either
intense warming, or an ice age, I'm not sure which.

Both, actually, depending on when you cite a given author. Most of
the current "global warming" crowd were warning of "global winter" a
couple decades ago, and AFAICT changed their stripe only when climate
data showed them wrong.

Mark L. Fergerson