Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Brent Philion

Default Is Government Liquidation contractually required to be braindead?

I go to the canadian sales. I owe my knowing about them to the onlines
you youre dead right i'm positive the prices have skyrocketed since then too

bill wrote:
I used to buy quite a bit from govt before the online stuff started
happening.

I bought 4 2.5 ton trucks. average about 450 a piece.

All of the really good trucks went to the surrounding states forestry
departments who would sell them in 6 months as a money raiser.

If they had flats or dead batteries the foresty departments would pass.

All 4 trucks ran fine.
One had just come from rebuild.
I asked the drmo guys what was up.

They said when a duece and a half went down it would go for repair and off
of the units books. they would then order a new model.

When it had been repaired the unit would not accept it back. It would then
sit on the lot for the next year waiting for paperwork so it could be sold.
If it had flats or bad batteries during that time, I would get it cheap. It
cost me about 60 bucks to go get them and tow them home.

But internet sales really jacked the prices up.