Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
clare at snyder.on.ca

Default Cutting a gas cylinder in two without a torch

On Fri, 24 Feb 2006 03:41:29 GMT, "Tom Gardner"
wrote:

"rgarrett" wrote in message
I would like to make a small cauldron from a 20 lb propane cylinder. The
valve has been removed and the tank rinsed clean and dry. I am looking for
suggestions regarding how to cut it in half. I do not have access to a
torch. Thanks.

Hammer and chisel,
1/8" drill and a file (don't laugh, been there),
air hammer w/panel cutter,
.22, .32, .38, .357, .45, 9mm, etc., etc, etc,

Sounds like me cutting down the 63 VW brake drum to fit the 49 when I
stripped the spline out of the drum way out in the netherlands of
rural Zambis back in '73. A LOT of work - would never do it if there
was an alternative!!!