Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Miller

Default Box Spring won't go upstair

In article .com, wrote:
I recently moved to a new home and guess what... My Queen Size Box
spring would not go upstairs. The space on the stairs is small enough
to let go the queen-size box spring!!! I am puzzled as to what needs to
be done? Have any of you experienced such or heard of such thing
happening. We have tried all ways but it just won't go, it gets stuck
between the ceiling, front wall and the steps on stairs.

One option, believe it or not, is to buy a king-size bed: the box spring is in
two parts, and if you can get a queen-size mattress up the stairs, you should
have no trouble getting each half of the king-size box springs up there. Then
you just have to worry about getting the king-size mattress up, but since
that's flexible, it might not present a problem.

I don't know if queen-size box springs are available in two-part sets like
kings are, but it wouldn't hurt to spend a bit of time calling furniture
stores to find out.

--
Regards,