Posted to rec.woodworking
Puckdropper

Default Disc Sander burning my wood! ??

"Bill" wrote in
news:7RuLf.40547$Dh.6996@dukeread04:

Hi,

I have a 12" Delta disc sander with a 1/2 HP motor. Most every time I
use it , it burns the wood.

Anybody know why? The sandpaper is rather aggressive - I would say
about maybe 50, could be 80. I bought it with the paper on it and
never bothered to change it.

I use one of those gummy things to clean the paper.

Thanks in advance.

Perhaps you're trying to force the tool to work? Gently bring the wood
up to the sander and let the sander work at its own pace. 50 grit paper
(especially on a machine) will take off a lot of wood fairly quickly.

Puckdropper
--
www.uncreativelabs.net

still enjoy using the old computers. Sometimes we want to see how far a
particular system can go, other times we use a stock system to remind
ourselves of what we once had.