Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ned Simmons

Default Drilling 500 holes in mild steel

In article .com,
says...
This is a definite mag drill job.
Check out the Milwaukee line, but for what you are doing you could get
by just fine with a smaller Jancy mag drill- I have a Jancy JM 101, and
it is plenty to do this job, but 10 to 20 pounds lighter than a big
milwaukee, and after a couple hundred holes, you are gonna be mighty
happy about that. Plus you save 500 bucks or so.
http://www.jancyslugger.com/index.cf...producti d=56

I borrowed a Jancy like that for a job that required crawling around
inside a big hydraulic press and putting holes in some awkward spots. It
was much easier than hauling around a 60# monster. One thing it doesn't
have is a fine adjustment for tweaking position after the magnet is
turned on.

Ned Simmons