Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Glenn Ashmore

Default A geometry/trig problem about compound angles.

That is amazingly close to what I measured on the mock up a few minutes ago.
I got 13.5 and 4 degrees. Close enough! Now if I can just keep my welds
somewhere close to that. :-)

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com

"Don Foreman" wrote in message
On Wed, 22 Feb 2006 16:14:40 -0500, "Glenn Ashmore"
wrote:

Lemme see if I can put this in a text book format. The coordinates of 3
points in 3 dimensions where X is width, Y is height and Z is depth:

Point A: X=0 Y=0 Z=0
Point B: X=7 Y=24 Z=36
Point C. X=5.5 Y=50 Z=37

One line runs from point A to Point B and a second from Point B to point
C?
What are the horizontal and vertical angles of intercept of the two lines?

I get a tilt angle of plane ABC ( the plane of the pulley) from Y
axis of 13.42 degrees.

The azimuth or bearing angle of plane ABC is 3.72 degrees from the
roll axis (Z) of the boat.

The included angle between AB and BC is 124.65 degrees.

I don't know what "angle of intercept" means. Intercept with what?