Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Brian Lawson

Default A geometry/trig problem about compound angles.

On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 17:42:07 -0500, "Glenn Ashmore"
wrote:

" I started doing this problem on the cad system but I think more info is
needed.
Maybe the easiest way without going overboard G is to mock it up with
string and cardboard.

Fred

That is the project for this evening. :-)

Hey Glenn,

I'm surprised you are not using chain & cable, like most this size
But even so, surely, on the boat you are building, wouldn't the
crossover be done between the quadrant and the blocks, rather than
between the pedestal and the blocks?
I you must have "fixed" turning blocks, then why not set up a jury-rig
with a gimbaled or floating block on each line, with one fixed and
one adjustable fleet guide on each one. Or like this:

http://www.edsonmarine.com/sailboat/sailboat_toc.html#sswc
and pick "Articu-Lock™ Sheaves"

Take care. Having fun yet??

Brian Lawson,