Posted to alt.home.repair
the_crowbar

Default New GE Washer Starts/Stops on Spin Cycle

Stevie,

Thanks for the tip, but I don't think that is the cause. This machine
has a magnetic lid switch so I don't think I can clean it. Neither the
sensor or the magnet is loose. If I lift the lid while the machine is
filling it stops immediatley, so I guess the sensor is working ok.

Thanks,
James

stevie wrote:
one thing to check would be the door switch.

if you open the door, the spin cycle should stop immediately. if the switch
has a short, or might be dirty, it might cause the spin cycle to go on/off
intermittently. try wd40 as a quick fix on the switch.
"the_crowbar" wrote in message
oups.com...
Greetings,

After a couple of days of internet searching, I have no answer, and
decided to ask here. I have a new style GE washing machine (plastic
tub). Recently the spin cycle has broken. When I looked at the machine
it appears that the spin cycle will start and then the motor cuts off
and back on continuously. The washer will fill with water and drain
without a problem. Even with the water drained the spin cycle won't
run. The main motor turns a couple of times and then starts and stops.
Any idea what may be the cause?

Thanks,
James