Gunner

Default Burke Milling Machine

On Sat, 04 Oct 2003 18:56:13 GMT, "Jeff" wrote:

I am looking at an old Burke belt driven vertical /horizontal milling
machine. Can some one give me a lead where I can find more information about
this machine. E-mail me at .

Thanks,

Jeff T.

I had one for a number of years. Liked the little bugger. Way small
compared to a Bridgeport, but more than capable of doing decent work
on smaller items, in any material, from plastics to stainless steel.

There is a Yahoo! list on them I believe, and a number of RCM ers own
them.
The original verticle head seems to be like gold, quite rare, though
there have been other makers heads adapted, Rushnock, Diamond, even
Bridgeport M heads.

A machine tool dealer in my area had 4 of them for sale, in quite good
condition, for $400 obo each, a couple years ago. I believe I found
enough hobbyists at that time, to buy out his stock...G

Gunner

"People are more violently opposed to fur than leather,
because it is easier to harrass rich women
than it is motorcycle gangs." - Bumper Sticker