Posted to alt.home.repair
Goedjn

Default Anchoring a cabinet to a tile floor that is laid on a concrete floor

On 23 Feb 2006 07:41:30 -0800, "Tory707" wrote:

I will be installing a bar on top of a ceramic tile floor that has been
laid on a concrete basement floor. The one end of the bar needs to be
achored to the floor so it does not move around. looking for a way to
anchor a 2x4 to the tile/concrete floor so I can attach the bar to it
without breaking the tile.

Glue a rubber pad to the bottom of the unit, and then
fill the toekick area with sand or concrete. It won't
go anywhere unless you want it to.

If that's not good enough, browse through the adhesives
shelves at your hardware store until you find something
that's good for wood and tile.