Posted to alt.home.repair
Goedjn

Default Rapairing Flood Damaged wood floor

On 23 Feb 2006 06:31:44 -0800, "Bakpain" wrote:

glued to concrete, dried for 2 years, not solid, 1/8 inch veneer (home
depot stuff). this was a 1000 year flood, we have no flood insurance,
should I just seal and not worry about it. Doesnt look THAT bad, kind
of rustic but do want to seal.

You don't want to seal it until it has completely dried again, or
you'll just trap water under the sealant, which will cause both
the flooring and the seal to fail. In a couple months, after
it's throughoughly dry, find out what sort of coating is compatible
with the current coating. Sand only if there is serious
discoloration of the wood surface that can't be polished out. On
veneer, you only get one or two re-sandings, so save them until
they're necessary.