Posted to alt.electronics
Alexander

Default Motherboard from scratch

schreef in bericht
oups.com...
I suppose you could reverse engineer from a schematic an old 8088 or
8086 based pc compatible machine and actually burn the eeprom and build
one that would work.

If you are talking about anything current technology, you simply do not
have the equipment or technology to build one that will work. Unless
you have a few million to spend on the layout equipment, board
fabrication, surface mount solder, etc....

You can simply use any free Board-edittors and there are company's that make
PCB's by postorder or through the internet.
The SMD part's can also be soldered with a good solder station (OKI/JBC).
I work in the assambly industrie and with rework / prototyping I place
everything by hand. The fine-pitch IC's are soldered by hand while 0805 and
0403 is placed by hand and reflowed (but it can be done by hand).

Alexander