Posted to rec.woodworking
Pat Barber

Default Router Mortising Jig?

I "assume" you brought this subject up because you have
a pressing need or are you just kicking the tires ???

The FMT also has it's limitations.... but VERY nice

"The jig is supplied with five joint guides, enabling you to produce
5/16" mortise and tenon joints with lengths of 1/2" through 1-1/2" in
1/4" increments. Also included are a matching 5/16" spiral upcut bit
(1/2" shank), all the necessary tools and mounting hardware and full
instructions. Additional joint guide sets for 1/4", 3/8" and 1/2" wide
mortise and tenon joints are also available."

The Matchmaker has a awful lot plastic to suit my taste. Plastic is
not bad but they use a bunch of it in all their templates.

I also have never seen one word about this machine on the wurl wide web.

Swingman wrote:

The "Matchmaker" is interesting, and a good deal cheaper than the
MultiRouter.

http://woodworker.com/cgi-bin/FULLPR...1&LARGEVIEW=ON

Don't know a soul who has even seen one, and damn few who have ever heard of
it.