Posted to rec.woodworking
Charley

Default Router Mortising Jig?

The matchmaker doesn't have an adjustment that permits you to adjust the
tightness of fit of the joints. At a wood show demonstration some years ago
the salesman had wraped tape around the tracing stylus to "adjust" the fit
of the joint. I don't like this method because tape thickness is too
variable and you can't repeat the setup without doing a bunch of test cuts
and "tape adjustments" to get it right.

--
Charley

"Swingman" wrote in message
news
"Leon" wrote in message

"Swingman" wrote in message

http://woodworker.com/cgi-bin/FULLPR...1&LARGEVIEW=ON

That is the one that I was thinking about when I e-mailed you.

Thanks ... I remember someone a few years back asking here about a
comparison between the Matchmaker and the Multirouter. I tracked his
website
down and it looks like he decided to go with the MR since he is now a
distributor for JDS:

http://www.furnituremaker.com/#multi

The FMT is looking better all the time.

I am a bit of leery of the lack of information on the Matchmaker, I can't
really justify the expense of the MR, and at this point I need to be

making
productive sawdust instead of jigs.

Still undecided, though.

--