Posted to uk.d-i-y
Harry Bloomfield

Default Laser Level

Ian White formulated the question :
Weatherlawyer wrote:
What's that Lidl toy like; anyone bother to find out?

But the tripod lets the whole thing down. It feels like you could crumple it
up with your bare hands - and believe me, you'll want to. To be able to move
the crossed horizontal and vertical lines accurately over a wall, you must be
able to rely on the axis of the tripod being exactly vertical. And that's
where the whole thing fails, because the levelling bubble on the tripod head
is even worse than the one on the table, and the rise/fall mechanism is weak
and wobbly. Also the tripod twists when rotating the table, and may unscrew.

As usual with cheap tools, it makes me covet a proper pendulum level that
doesn't need all these bubble rituals... but that is a very different price
point.

I described an el cheapo pendulum laser level a while back in the group
- that I am still very pleased with. The pendulum mounting of the laser
completely does away with the need to worry about setting the base with
any great accuracy, just set it roughly level then accurately at the
height you want. Mine cost just £20 - is as accurate H/V as I have been
able to check it with my extremely precise level and plumbob.

--

Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)