Posted to alt.home.repair
Stormin Mormon

Default 40 Amp or 30 amp

Did the OP say what was the wire size? I went back and read, and didn't see
it.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

"dnoyeB" wrote in message
asco wrote:
An inspection on our home (7years old) recently revealed that both our
air conditioning units have 40 amp circuit breakers instead of 30 amp
(the unit asks for 30 amps). How big of a deal is this? And if so, is
it an expensive thing to change?

Thanks in advance.

No point in changing. The breakers match the wiring as stated earlier.
Reducing the breaker size wont do anything, but cost you money. IMHO.

--
Thank you,