Posted to alt.home.repair
dnoyeB

Default help solve this mystery

dnoyeB wrote:
wrote:

BE VERY CAREFUL with what appears to be a dead outlet if your unsure as
to which breaker its on!

Better to turn off the main and use a flashlight.

you might have a lose wire and get shocked.

I recall doing some work on one of my mothers outlets. I turned off the
breaker then went to work. Got shocked and used ssome colorful language
to express that I had turned the power off.

My mother had some joke about my fathers wiring at that point

Now that I recall it, this was my fault. The outlet under the sink has
one portion switched by a light switch for the garbage grinder, and the
other wired standard. I turned off the switched part, then got shocked
by the other part.

So he may want to see if one outlet is on a switch.

--
Thank you,