Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Cartmell

Default Foxhunting - was Part P conudrum.....

In article ,
Roger wrote:
You are just a lying toe-rag. The message has expired on my machine and
I can't be bothered to go looking for the original but when Andy said
fox hunting had been around for centuries you denied it and you're still
trying to cast doubt on it having origins as early as the 1750s. Even
your soul-mates at the league against cruel sports accept that it has
been around for 250 years.

Oh dear! I mentioned the early history in my original mailing. Some people
have hunted foxes for a long time but what we now regard as Fox Hunting with
Hunts and packs of dogs was very rare until the 19th century. The 'It's part
of our heritage' claim is pure bunkum.