Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Martin

Default Foxhunting - was Part P conudrum.....

in 502988 20060223 114821 Roger wrote:

As for whether humans and foxes are equal, that's all a matter of viewpoint.

A pretty strange viewpoint that has the life of a fox, or indeed of any
other animal, as valuable as the life of a human.

I was thinking of the fox's point of view ;-)
Anyway, valuable to whom? Obviously, the life of a human is more valuable
to another human. The fox population is tiny and fairly static, but the human
population is horrendously large and growing at an unsustainable rate.
From a detached and objective point of view a human life is not worth much.

My garden has grey squirrels, foxes and the occasional badger, and I feel my
life is enriched by them.

Homo sapiens is the most destructive and rapacious species this planet has
ever seen and will probably exterminate itself given another 200 years.

I'd agree with you there apart from the actual extermination. The
species will probably survive but not civilisation as we know it.

The few that do survive will be back in the stone age. Have you seen
the Horizon programme on global dimming?