Posted to uk.d-i-y
Douglas de Lacey

Default Water Saving

Peter Lynch wrote:
On 2006-02-23, daniel wrote:

why dont people understand that water will dissapear in the future,
some people dont care, they care if water is there, they can waste it
until one day it will be scarced

So think about, LOOK AT THE FUTURE !!!!!

If you are actually concerned about _wasted_ water supplies
why don't you target Thames Water who are responsible for
roughly 1/4 of the 3.6 billion litres per day that was lost
last year (2004-5).

Why does it have to be either/or? Daniel may not be in the strongest
position to get Thames Water to listen to him (living as he does in the
antipodes) -- perhaps *you* ought to? Anglia get the odd earful from me.
It's a bit like this morning's R4 debate about green transport. It was
all hyping bio-fuels, in the hope that a 5% bio-fuel mix could save 1.5%
of emissions. We could *easily* save that much simply by persuading
people to walk or cycle to work for just one week in the year -- but
that doesn't mean we shouldn't encourage bio-fuels too.

Douglas de Lacey