Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair
MikeP

Default Drill leaks electricity to case

In article %u2Lf.1040$Gz4.781
@fe13.usenetserver.com, ignoramus15109
@NOSPAM.15109.invalid says...
On Wed, 22 Feb 2006 18:54:25 GMT, MikeP wrote:
In article 8f_Kf.3814$6H4.366
@fe28.usenetserver.com, ignoramus3408
@NOSPAM.3408.invalid says...
I have this Black and Decker 450 RPM drill:

When plugged into a GFCI outlet, it leaks electricity to ground and
pops the GFCI breaker.

My question is, what is the most likely culprit and how to approach
repair of it.

It trips GFCI outlets; repair it or cut the cord off
and throw it away.

If you need to ask how to repair it ... cut the cord
off and throw it away.

I would like to know the reasoning behind your opinion (that if I have
to ask how to fix it, I should throw it away). My experience with
repairing various things (spa, compressor, a diesel generator are some
examples) suggests that asking intelligent people nicely results in
good suggestions and finally in good results.

I under estimated your abilities and I tend to error
on the side of safety. I did not intend to be
insulting or inconsiderate. Sorry ...

That said, I would not use (or sell) that drill with
or without rubber gloves until it is properly
repaired.