Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
powerstation

Default Bosch washing machine - no spin

wrote in message
oups.com...
Ok, so I'm stumped.

I got some new brushes and fitted them. I replaced the motor and am
sure I was't imaganing the drum spinning for a few minutes.

I tried again later and nothing. (Also no smells/bangs etc).

I figured the belt had come off, or brushes slipped off. Nope.

So the brushes are now long (1").

Looking down the shaft I can see the commutator.
I can check resistance between the commutator and each brush terminal
which proves the brushes are touching commutator.

I'm seeing about 5 ohms between the two brush terminals (sounds low -
shouldn't this include resistance of the armature?)

The brushes are at aprox 180deg on the commutator

Going back to the wiring again I see a 6 way connector
1. Yellowey green
2. brown
3. black
4. gray
5. blue
6.yellow
7. yellow

I think 6,7 go to something on the shaft - presumably a speed sensor -
200 ohms
4,5 go to the brushes - 4.5 ohms
2,3,1 go into the motor 1:3 0.5 ohm, 2:3 1 ohm 1:2 0.5 ohm ?
No other connections between above

Spot the error?

Is the machine not spinning on the spin cycle or do you mean no motor action
even on wash ?
Peter