Bob Swinney

Default Compressor Motor: HP v.s. Amps?

Dave sez, quoting facts originally set forth by myself:

""Wheel edge (pulling force) is everywhere the same in a transmission

link."
While fundamentally true, this statement could be misleading. "

This is not even fundamentally true, never mind just misleading, but

strictly
speaking it isn't even clearly enough defined to be meaningful in any way.

If
it is meant to mean the same sized wheel incorporated at different points

in a
transmission system then it is false. The edge force will be defined by

the
torque at that point and the wheel radius and the torque will differ at
different points according to gearing. If it meant to mean any sized wheel

at
different points in a transmission system then it both false and

misleading. It
can only be correct if the wheel is sized to account for the torque at

that
point in the system and it then becomes just another part of the gearing

system
anyway.

Well, Dave, aside from all your pomposity and references to "your" website,
I pretty well covered it in my earlier post which was an honest answer to
Chucks question. Strangely, though, you gave no mathematical examples to
lend clarity to your statements, and to gain position otherwise lost by all
the posturing. I incorrectly challenged you on one point and I apologized
to you for that. Kindly disregard that apology now, for the spirit in
which it was given has been sullied by your boorish, pompous and pedantic
attitude. The basic definitions I gave for HP, torque and RPM are all valid.
Won't you please spare the other readers further "enlightenment" - the point
has been beaten to death by now. If you wish to engage me in further
discourse, kindly take notice of the mistletoe hanging from my shirttail.

Bob Swinney