Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
pogo

Default opinion on Ryobi drill presses ?

I bought an el cheapo bench top drill press of eBay. Made in China with
absolutely no brand name. Got what I paid for, so live and learn. It works
OK, but was seriously low horsepower motor, and also seems to wobble the bit
a little bit.

So I am looking for something with more horsepower and better accuracy. I'll
be doing mostly light metal work in aluminum. I have been eyeing the Ryobi
drill presses at Home Depot. Just wondered if anyone has an opinion on them.
I've been looking at the $99 ones and the $149 ones.\

My budget is low so that is why I am looking at these for now vs. something
more expensive.

Thanks !