Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Bathtub refinishing - DIY?

"James R. Lunsford" in
news:VgFKf.8499$lR2.6116@trndny01:

Got a tub that's going downhill quickly. Looks like previous owner
just painted it, and now the paint is peeling and chipping and I don't
want my wife and kids getting out of the tub with paint chips all over
them.

Googled a couple of sites that offer DIY kits, does anyone have any
experience with these?

Any recommendations?

TIA

i assume no one would do this unless the tub was sheet steel or fiberglas?

cast iron shouldn't need 'refinishing'. but some day i want to try polishing one that has
become dull on the walking areas (which makes the tub difficult to clean well).