Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Kanter

Default Fiber washers: What's their purpose?

"tom" wrote in message
oups.com...
Or just replace the seat altogether? Save the water. Tom

Where the removal tool needs to grip the seat, those surfaces are completely
stripped. Looks like my predecessor tried to use a screwdriver or something.
It's a disaster. In another thread, someone recommended something that looks
like a tapping tool, in reverse, but if I keep throwing money at this, and
it approaches maybe half the price of a nice, new Moen single-handle faucet,
I'll probably just say "enough is enough".