Posted to alt.home.repair
the_crowbar

Default New GE Washer Starts/Stops on Spin Cycle

Greetings,

After a couple of days of internet searching, I have no answer, and
decided to ask here. I have a new style GE washing machine (plastic
tub). Recently the spin cycle has broken. When I looked at the machine
it appears that the spin cycle will start and then the motor cuts off
and back on continuously. The washer will fill with water and drain
without a problem. Even with the water drained the spin cycle won't
run. The main motor turns a couple of times and then starts and stops.
Any idea what may be the cause?

Thanks,
James