Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ray L. Volts

Default Car CD-Player makes noise/doesn't eject CDs

"infamis" wrote in message
om...
I have a Clarion DXZ545MP car receiver. Recently it does not eject CDs. It
makes a repeated clicking sound as if the mechanism can't move & then
gives
up. I opened it up (past the point of no return even though I don't know
what
the hell I'm doing; I usually could just disassemble electronics & put 'em
back together and they magically start working again). The mechanism will
eject the CD if I press upwards on that whole gear array. I'm guessing the
sound is the gears slipping or something.

It's possible you have a warped rack gear. Does it get unusually warm
behind your dash (or wherever you have the unit mounted)? If it's under
warranty, put it back to together precisely and clean up any grease smears
you may have created (and/or fingerprints) so as not to invalidate the
warranty and return it. Of course, if you've damaged any tamper-resist
stickers or screwlock glue, you're SOL as far as warranty.