Posted to sci.electronics.repair,comp.sys.laptops
Dave (from the UK)

Default Laptop has problem starting after charging

MimsyBoro wrote:
Hello,
I have a electronics/computers related quesiton and I hope this is the
right place.

It might be, but comp.sys.laptops is probably a good one too. I have
forwarded your inquirty there too.

I own an old IBM T22 Laptop, recently it started acting up on me and
when I try to start it the lights would blink and then go out and the
computer wouldn't start.

I saw somewhere on the internet that I should unplug it from the outlet
and remove the battery and press the power button to empty capacitors
or something like that (I'm not even sure where I saw this). SUre
enough if I left it unplugged and pressed the button long enough (Very
long sometimes, somtimes shorter) the laptop would start.

After trial and error I came up with a different solution.

If I only charge the laptop battery while it is running the computer
works fine. Meaning everytime I turn it off I remove the charger cable
and after it starts I put it back.

What do you think about this? Is it a problem with the
charger/converter, with the board, does it really have anything to do
with capacitors?

TIA,
Mimsy

--
Dave K

Minefield Consultant and Solitaire Expert (MCSE).