Posted to rec.woodworking
mark

Default Jigsaw & straight cutting in melamine

The only answer I can think of that made the bosch better is that the blade
must be perfectly parallel to the edge of the foot.

"Jim Weisgram" wrote in message
On Mon, 20 Feb 2006 22:01:48 GMT, "mark"
wrote:

I looked at the bosch but could not see any advantage over the craftsman.
The craftsman is convertable to barrel grip, has a LED work light, laser,
blower and vacuum, tooless blade change, cast foot and about $100.00 less
than the bosch.

There's nothing there that would affect the quality of the cut, (the
laser doesn't do any cutting); except perhaps the Bosch is $100 more,
and maybe the "cast foot".

Do you get any different results when you turn off the orbital action?
Have you tried slowing down the feed rate? How many TPI is the blade?
How much mechanical support is there for the blade you are using? With
the thing unplugged, if you grab the blade, is there any slop if you
wiggle it around?