ATP

Default Compressor Motor: HP v.s. Amps?

Chuck wrote:
Can you have a "strong" or "weak" 3/4 hp motor? What
factors actually determine the torque? Or, am I looking at this
equation in the wrong way?

All 3/4 HP motors at full speed will do the same work. At the same RPM doing
the same amount of work they will output the same torque. Motors have
different power curves, and plotting torque vs. RPM is a useful way of
looking at the information. HP vs. RPM is usually graphed as well. To
compare torque values for full speed, steady state running conditions with
the same HP motors would be kind of pointless, unless I'm missing something.