Posted to rec.woodworking
Charley

Default Router Mortising Jig?

Last year I did a lot of searching and comparing of mortice and tenon jigs,
both manufactured and those that I could find plans for. I ended up buying
the Leigh FMT jig. Although it really hurt to spend so much on a jig, I
haven't regreted it. The FMT has done a fabulous job.
I studied the Trend jig for quite a while before passing on it, mostly
because it had no provision in it to adjust for joint tightness. The Leigh
FMT has an adjustment that provides for this and it works perfectly, so you
can get just the right fit every time. The Leigh FMT was the only jig that I
found that had this capability. The joints that it creates are comparable to
those created on CNC machines.

--
Charley

wrote in message
oups.com...
I was given a very demo of the Trend jig. Does angles, etc.
Very nice. A bit cheaper then the Woodrat. I'd buy it
in a heartbeat if there were loose cash around the house.

MJ Wallace