Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair
Leo Lichtman

Default Drill leaks electricity to case

"Ignoramus15109"wrote: (clip) I would like to know the reasoning behind
your opinion (that if I have to ask how to fix it, I should throw it away
(clip)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I will answer for Mike. There was something about the tone of your original
post that could be mistaken for naivity. In following the rest of the
thread, including your various responses, I have concluded that expressions
like, "leaks electricity to the case" and "what would be a typical
application for this drill" were not indicative of your non-newbie status.
Clearly, to anyone who read the whole thread, it should be clear that you
not only know what a *megger* is, but you have one, and you know a little
something about the whole subject.

Maybe Mike jumped in and posted without reading the whole thread.

PLEASE don't throw that rugged old drill away. If necessary, use it on a
non-GFI circuit and wear a pair of rubber gloves. It just occurred to
me--maybe this whole thing was just an excuse for you to gloat over the
possession of such a fine old drill. ;-)