Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM

Default Hot Water Circulation Problem

If, when you turn the aquastat up and down, you Don't hear a relay clicking
in and out: Unplug the black connector with the little wire attached to it
on top of the unit, open it up and touch the two (low voltage) wires
together. If that makes the relay click in, you have a bad aquastat in the
unit
"Platebanger" wrote in message
Thanks, I have no domestic hot water but heat for the baseboard. The
problem seemed to correct itself by turning the hot water temp to 130 but
that was a couple of week ago and now I have the same problem.

I tried draining the bottom of the water tank. I did notice some darker
water but now it's running clear.

Some info. It's a Super Stor Stainless Steel Indirect Fired Water Heater
running from a Well McLain boiler.

I ran some hot water in the sink for about 3 minutes and it was lukewarm
but still not hot.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks
Dick

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
. net...

"Platebanger" wrote in message
Hi Folks, I run my hot water off off my oil fired boiler. I have plenty
of heat but no hot water in the house. I suspect it's the circulation
pump.

What type of things can I check to determine or fix the problem ?

Thanks
Dick

Clarification please. Do you mean you have no domestic hot water but you
have heat for the baseboard or radiators? If so, it is not the
circulator as the house is not fed with a pump, just the heaters.

If you mean the boiler is firing, but not circulating to the baseboard,
then yes, it may be the pump. Do you hear a relay clicking as you turn
the thermostat on and off?