Posted to alt.electronics
John Fields

Default Is this what newsgroups have become?

On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 23:02:58 -0500, "Henry"
wrote:

"John Fields" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 08:57:08 -0500, "Henry"
wrote:

But I have to admit that I am rather astonished at the conclusions

certain
people have jumped to. And there is the rude way in which they have

express
their erronous conclusion. Is this what newsgroups have become? Sad to

say
the least.

---
If you want people not to jump to wrong conclusions, then it
behooves you to be very careful with your use of the language and to
try to be very clear in what you're trying to transmit.

Also, if you want to be a "neutral" participant you should refrain
from offering opinions and just stick to the technical facts of the
discussion you're interested in.

Even then, someone will be sure to misinterpret what you meant to
say and will send a barb your way. Complain and it will just get
worse. Return the barb and it will just get worse. A solution?

Grow thicker skin. :-)

--
John Fields
Professional Circuit Designer

Actualy good advice. But it sounds like you want to throw the "barbs" as you
wish, and no one is supposed to say anything about it. They are just
supposed to take it when selected few lash out at them. I did that for
decades. Not anymore though. You want to dish it out, be prepared to take
some in turn. Its that simple.

---
So you were a milquetoast for years and now that mommy's dead and
you can be your own man it's all going to be different?

Good luck.