Posted to rec.woodworking
chuck

Default Router guide bushings: steel vs brass

Thanks to all for your thoughts. I had been leaning toward the brass and
there seem to be no show-stopping problems among users so I will pick up
a set of them.

Chuck

LRod wrote:
On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 16:27:06 GMT, chuck wrote:

Are there any strong feelings in the group about choice of material for
router guide bushings, other than the obvious: steel can rust but is
stronger; brass looks nicer, and doesn't rust, but is more easily bent?

Are the various offerings of PC-compatible bushings of comparable quality?

Before getting caught up in any "router expert" war on
recommendations, my post regarding brass was based on what I learned
from watching Bob Rosendahl on PBS' "The Router Workshop."