Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Cartmell

Default Foxhunting - was Part P conudrum.....

In article , Roger
wrote: [about the legal definition of 'vermin']
Truth? The definition is based on the fox's relationship to man. Only by
your overwhelming self-aggrandisement can you fail to appreciate that the
definition could just as well be swapped around.

And no doubt you have spent endless hours discussing the finer points of
philosophy with your friendly neighbourhood fox quite forgetting that it is
sentient only in the most basic sense and any of its thoughts are figments
of your deranged imagination.

I thought I was discussing the matter with a member of my own species.

Odd really as not so long ago you were pontificating on philosophy and
now you are fantasizing about a world in which foxes have rational
thought, not to mention the right to murder.

Well you're struggling with that rational thought bit so I'm not pushing
the fox too far ahead. Even if you did fit the Homo sapiens tag I don't
see how an ability to think gives you the right to murder. If you justify
something on the grounds that you are 'better' - and those are the only
moral grounds that you can claim - then you need to start justifying that
'better' tag too. If you're claiming the right simply because you have
better weapons (and that *is* the truth) then I find your claim to be
without any moral value.

You seem to have lost all sense of perspective where animals are concerned.
Animals don't have morals nor the thought processes to consider the
question.

Some of us do. Apparently you don't consider yourself to be an animal. That's
a fault in your perception and doesn't reflect reality.

Murder is a human construct and confined to humans.

I didn't suggest otherwise.

Given your extreme views I wouldn't be at all surprised to learn that you
were a leading animal rights terrorist.

You have a sick idea of 'extreme'.

Anthropomorphism gone mad.

You need to justify your 'sapiens' tag before you start complaining that
I'm seeing foxes as human.

'I think therefore I am'

And you do not understand Descartes - so don't pretend.

but homo sapiens is label that applies equally to everyone

Homo sapiens

from moron to genius

You still fail to live up to the 'sapiens' part.