Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
William B Noble (don't reply to this address)

Default Tinning Copper saucepans - again!

you are working too hard - just put in a spoonfull or two of plumbers
flux (the acid stuff that come s in tubs), heat the pan on the stove
and scrub with steel wool (while it's hot enough to melt the tinning)
when everything is covered, wipe with a paper towel to spread tin
evenly and let cool, then wash off hte acid flux

I've done this, it works fine, takes just a few minutes - didn't do
any fancy cleaning either

On 21 Feb 2006 00:51:43 -0800, "
wrote:

I've read the previous threads on this subject and need some help
making them come together.
Bought my pure tin, tallow, and Bakers No5,
Scoured my pan with de-greaser and dipped in caustic soda to be sure of
getting rid of the grease,
Wire wooled the surface
Applied the Bakers No 5 flux by poring it in the bottom and wiping
around the sides with an old rag.
First tried to heat the pan with a blow torch - but couldn't get the
all-over heat. So put the pan on the stove.
When hot enough put a tin stick in the pan and it melted easily on the
bottom.
However the molten tin went into pools and wouldn't adhere to areas of
the pan bottom or the sides - it just flowed over these areas
Any suggestions on what to try next would be greatly appreciated
Are there any web-sites with step by step pictures ?
DO I need more heat

thanks

Denis

Bill

www.wbnoble.com

to contact me, do not reply to this message,
instead correct this address and use it

will iam_ b_ No ble at msn daught com