Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Laurie Forbes

Default Advise on driving an 18" circular saw blade

wrote in message
oups.com...
Chain saws electric or gas also need chain
sharpening which I would like to avoid.

Not trying to be a jerk here. But, you're going to have to sharpen that
18" saw blade too, unless you just intend to run it dull and then burn
it up.

Yes, but the 18" (carbide) saw blade would last *much* longer than a chain
saw between sharpenings (hundreds of times??). It would be great if you
could buy carbide chain saw blades, AFAIK you can't.

I'm with the rest of the folks here, get yourself a small chain
saw,

I have one but am tired of the smoke, noise, stink and blade sharpening -
just looking for an easier way and besides, I need a new metal fab project

Laurie Forbes