Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

Default Hot Water Circulation Problem

"Platebanger" wrote in message
news:snQKf.8659$PL2.1667@trndny03...
Hi Folks, I run my hot water off off my oil fired boiler. I have plenty of
heat but no hot water in the house. I suspect it's the circulation pump.

What type of things can I check to determine or fix the problem ?

Thanks
Dick

Clarification please. Do you mean you have no domestic hot water but you
have heat for the baseboard or radiators? If so, it is not the circulator
as the house is not fed with a pump, just the heaters.

If you mean the boiler is firing, but not circulating to the baseboard, then
yes, it may be the pump. Do you hear a relay clicking as you turn the
thermostat on and off?