Posted to alt.home.repair
old_Boat

Default Bathtub refinishing - DIY?

"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message
m...
James R. Lunsford wrote:
Got a tub that's going downhill quickly. Looks like previous owner
just painted it, and now the paint is peeling and chipping and I
don't want my wife and kids getting out of the tub with paint chips
all over them.
Googled a couple of sites that offer DIY kits, does anyone have any
experience with these?

Any recommendations?

TIA

For best results and longest life replace the tub. For good results
and reasonable life, have it done professionally, for less than ideal
results and short life, do it yourself making 100% sure you don't skimp
the prep work in any way.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Did mine about 7 years ago with the DIY kit from Lowes. It is starting to
peel. The Prep is the key. Follow the directions to the T. 7 Years is good
for this type of repair. I just had another one done by the Miracle Method.
They sprayed it and so far it looks real nice. It was a green tub to start
with. They also told us not bleach and to clean it with 409. You will have
to make your own decision as to what and how much you want to spend at this
point.

LJ