Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

Default New Four Seasons Marketing Ploy (beware)

"BiloxiBoy" wrote in message
oups.com...
So... You're saying this seemingly reputable company was willing to
give up 27K in the hopes that you "might" agree to spend 10K more???
Doesn't sound like something that makes very good business sense, even
"deceptive" business sense... I mean, if they're gonna try to "ploy"
you, one would think they'd do it in a manner that they wouldn't loose
the original arrangement in the process.

Tactics? I don't know - sounds like simply what it was - dumb
salseman, smart engineer.

Why do you doubt this? Tactics like this are done all the time. By the
time the "engineer" come around,the customer has committed to having that
new whatever, told the friends and neighbors and is reluctant to back down.
You'd be surprised how often this is done.