Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Scratch Ankle

Default Speaking of tool thefts...

Which show was that. I'll make a point of not watching it. I presume there
wasn't the obligatory, "don't try this at home" safety message.

--

You know, I spent a fortune on deodorant
before I realized that people didn't like me anyway.
"John DeBoo" wrote in message
I'm watching one of these run of the mill, JIT home makeover shows last
night and the contractor has tools stolen from the work site on 2
consecutive nights. So he gets the bright idea for him and another to
stake out the place at night. Ok so far but the passanger is drinking
Michelob light while the vehicle is being driven (clearly shown and
mentioned by the pass), then they stop and park, and the driver pops one
open. Then the driver pulls out a shotgun to bolster his courage, then
they show them drinking more and more and tossing the cans into the bed of
the truck until late at night the thieves return. He never shoots the
shotgun, and the probably half drunk pass loses his courage as the thief
enters the trees so nothing is lost this night, but nobody was caught
either.

My point is how stupid can a TV show be to advocate drinking while driving
and drinking in public in that manner showing off a loaded shotgun?
Freaking dumb! I'm no prohibitionist but booze and guns do not mix -
period!

Grandpa John