Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
J. Clarke

Default Cheneys hunting buddy has a heart attack

Ed Huntress wrote:

"J. Clarke" wrote in message

Gunner wrote:
On Mon, 20 Feb 2006 07:16:04 -0500, Grunty Grogan wrote:

On 14 Feb 2006 22:10:37 GMT, Ignoramus21707
wrote:

That covers a lot of different scenarios. Was Cheney drunk? Was he
acting recklessly, with gross violations of safety standards? I want
to have a mental picture of what happened.

Basically, Cheney made a horrible mistake, in that he shot a lawyer
out of season.

Lawyer Season begins on "Law Day", May First. At that time, they are
still plump, and have not yet started breeding.

Ever try to clean one of those things?

Id have thought the Lefties would have been overjoyed. After all..the
victim was a Republican lawyer.....

Harry Whittington is apparently a pretty decent guy, with enlightened
ideas:

http://www.iht.com/articles/2006/02/...215profile.php

That said, skeet high-houses are pockmarked w/ shotgun pellet imprints,
even though the idea is to hit the pigeon while it's flying over the
field. Accidents happen, and Mr. Whittington seems to be doing well.
All of us who have ever fired a gun should remember "there but for the
grace of [deity-of-your-choice] go I." Stand BEHIND the
shooter....ALWAYS.

Apparently that's what this guy did, the trouble is that he didn't let
the shooter know that he was there.

Ok, but then the question is, what is somebody who is BEHIND the shooter
doing getting shot?

That's my question. Where in this country is it considered Ok to shoot
behind the line of hunters? Maybe south Texas, eh?

I don't know. I've never heard of it before, but maybe they have a little
more fateful approach to hunting down there.

I wasn't there, I don't know what happened, other than various garbled
reports. Was there in fact a line of hunters or just the two guys out in
the woods?

It's easy to criticize when you don't have all the facts.

I agree that it shouldn't have happened, but the fact is that people screw
up and making some huge political witch hunt out of it seems to be
pointless.

--
Ed Huntress

--