Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Natural Philosopher

Default Foxhunting - was Part P conudrum.....

Tony Bryer wrote:
On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 18:10:41 +0000 Andy Hall wrote :
Therefore one has to look beyond this into the real motivations.
These are clearly grandstanding to the desires of a few pressure
groups whose members are not involved in or affected by fox
hunting; an attempt by town dwellers to impose their standards on
country dwellers and last but not least some kind of misplaced
class warfare.

Urban taxpayers pay millions (billions?) to subsidising rural
services - buses, post offices etc. If the rural brigade want to take
the view that they should run their own lives and we can run ours
then I'm more than willing to take the tax cut.

And rural taxpayers subsides all these deary suburbanites who come out
and gawp at the fields, and trees and the ruddy wildlife that WE have to
keep out of the crops and the fields and the gardens so that we can
actually have a countryside for someone to enjoy.

We DON'T have any buses and precious few post offices, and the ones we
do have run at a profit or vanish.